Anxiety Free Treatment at River Park Dental
According to the American Dental Association, an estimated 20% of Americans avoid going to the dentist because they are apprehensive or have dental phobia. At River Park Dental, we offer sedation dentistry options and provide warm, compassionate care in a friendly environment.
Who Can Be Sedated At The Dentist’s Office?
Patients of all ages are candidates for sedation dentistry, as long as you are healthy and have undergone an exam by Dr. Ahmed. We use the latest techniques to ensure that you get the proper dosage to relax in the dentist’s chair. If you think sedation would make you more comfortable during your procedure, we are happy to accommodate you. Just let Dr. Ahmed know that you are interested in sedation, and we’ll take care of everything else!
Common Reasons for Sedation Dentistry
Here are the most common reasons and situations in which sedation is recommended at River Park Dental:
- You have dental anxiety – Dental anxiety is very common. If you get nervous at the dentist, this is nothing to be ashamed of. Over half of all Americans have some kind of dental anxiety, but with sedation, you can overcome your fear and get the treatment you need.
- You have a strong gag reflex – Sedation can help repress strong gag reflexes, which makes it easier to undergo routine treatment.
- You’re nervous about a major oral surgery – Sedation is usually recommended for procedures like dental implants, and can also be used for extractions and other oral surgeries.
- You have difficulty sitting still for long periods of time – If you don’t like sitting still, or you have a child who has difficulties staying calm and relaxed, sedation may be a good way to ensure that you or your little one remain comfortable throughout treatment.
- You are afraid of needles – The numbing needles used in dentistry can be intimidating for those who fear needles and injections. Sedation can help you address this fear and keep you relaxed.
No matter the reason, Dr. Ahmed is always happy to provide you with sedation to make you feel more at ease during your visit at River Park Dental.
The Benefits Of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry has a number of benefits. First, it allows you to overcome your fear and anxiety, and get the preventive treatment you need. It also allows you to feel truly relaxed and comfortable in the dentist’s chair, which makes the experience more pleasant and smooth. In addition, sedation dentistry can help you take care of more treatments in a single procedure, which makes things much more convenient for you.
Sedation Dentistry In Rocky Hill, Hartford, And Berlin
If you’re interested in sedation dentistry and you’re in Wethersfield, Cromwell, or Newington area, Dr. Ahmed can provide you with the care that you need. At River Park Dental, we offer sedation dentistry to all of our patients to make you feel safe and comfortable throughout your appointment. To get started, just contact us at (860) 785-8496, or come to our office at 1111 Cromwell Ave, Suite 203, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.